Françoise Bergaglia - Designer
CMA * Paris registred
INTERRACOTTA is born in 2014 after 15 years of practice of the clay working. The clay, bare, not enamelled, earthenware, stoneware or porcelain, is worked to obtain leaves of different thickness. The pattern, geometrical most of the time, engraved or embossed, plays with the material, light and shadow. The colors change according to the desires and to the clays, as well as the tints or the additional materials to decorate for all or part the modelled surface after firing. In the field of the decoration, everything is possible : pigments, metal leaves, fabric, paper, canvas, leather, straw marquetry, ... The object always arises from an elementary shape. This simplicity allows all the transformations and excites the imagination to compose. The basis is a disk, a triangle, a square which is formed, deformed, multiplied...
The association of the shape and the pattern, sometimes completed by the color and the addition of other materials, creates a decoration or a unique decorative object which is transformed according to the composition...
The composition is indeed the basis of this line of decoration to create lamps, decorative objects, wall tiles, trays of tables or consoles and tomorrow removable partition-walls, folding-screens...
Services: Hand-crafted manufacturing on request for the presented models in various sizes and custom-made products / Study and design of new models of decoration in terra-cotta (earthenware and stoneware) and porcelain / Partnership with artists and craftsmen to create new and unique models.
Shows and exhibitions :
- jan/feb.2019 : "Tailored Tweed" Sofitel Paris le Faubourg with la Fédération Française de Création Couture Sur Mesure - Paris . Lighting scenography with the Graphic Wall Lamps Arum by INTERRACOTTA
- may/june 2018 : "Un Marchand, un artiste" - Marché Biron - Puces de Saint-Ouen from May 24th to June 24th
- april 2018 : JEMA 2018 "de Main de Maître" Espace Commines Paris 3e
- nov.2017 : SIMA Salon International des Métiers d'Art - Louvre Lens from 3 to 5 nov.(IMAP org.)
- sept. 2017 : "Design & Artisanat d'Art" - Reception Rooms of Hôtel de Ville - Paris (CMA de Paris / CMA de Berlin) 6 to 30 sept
- july 2017 : Festival des métiers d'art de Deauville - from 14 to 16
- April 2017 : Exhibition JEMA : " de Main de Maître" - Paris 3e
- Nov. 2016 : Salon International des métiers d'Art - Lens 18-19-20 november
- Sept.2016: Paris Design Week from 3 to 10 / Art Craft in Saint Emilion (33) 24 & 25
- May 2016 :Tout Feu Tout Flamme / Saint Leu Art expo - Saint Leu-la-Forêt (95) from 20 to 22 May
- April 2016 : Berlin invites Paris. Exhibition : "Auf den Kopf gestellt" ; from 1st to 24th - Berlin’s Kunstgewerbe Museum ; the brochure